The roof rails have been fitted and the observatory door. The rest of the roof is pencilled in for Tuesday.
This is looking the business now...... I am really pleased with how it's looking. Now I am awaiting a quote for the roof and also the door for the observatory.
Really making progress now ... The metal man came this morning to measure up and look at what I wanted for the roof.
What has been done at the end of Day 1?
Follow the observatory extension on my blog and on the website page
Today has been the day to empty it all out ready for work to progress , It looks very bare! But when it;s done the dual rig will have a new home in the extended build.
The dual rig is here to stay and will soon be standing on its own two feet alongside the TMB scope........ data from 3 scopes each night!!!
Here's the start of the dual rig...... a Berlebach Planet tripod. This thing is rock solid.
The new Eagle2 from PrimaLuceLab has landed!! Today I've connected the mounting system up and included the Eagle2 in the build. This will be the system I'll be running when the dual rig is working.
What a BEAUTIFUL scope....... A HUGE 6" refractor that is just a dream to look at... I can't wait to get it used
The connector / adapter system that I was using on the second scope just wasn't sufficient and so I've now ordered an all in one adapter for the Moravian. This will ensure that not only is the spacing correct, but also that there is no tilt or sagging in the system at the camera end....... Hopefully should be up and running in November....
Meanwhile, back to one scope for the moment, All good things are worth waiting for........
In order to maximise imaging time, I have now got a dual setup for the shorter focal length..... Two Takahashi FSQ85's and two Kodak 8300 chip camera's. The idea is that if there's 10 hours of dark, with each camera pointing at the same place in the sky, I will get 20 hours of data .....
Sara Wager is an astrophotographer with published articles and images to her name