I am desperate to get 4.5 hours more and complete this data set..... I've wanted to do this for a few years, Once pane of the mosaic is from last year and the other from this year .....
This is the luminance so far ....... Just the remaining blue to get
Two more ongoing projects on the TMB that I hope may get finished before the observatory extension that will put me out of action for a while.
I have wanted to image this for years....... I love it!!! Here's how it's looking so far! This is only 38x600s of exposures time in the luminance channel...... I need A LOT more before I consider there's enough data. But I'm happy with it already...... you can see the faint dust and I hope I can do this justice.
NGC896 has always eluded me in it's singular form and last night the demons struck again...... I was 3/4's of the way through this at over 25 hours of data and my camera cooler died.... so the other camera went on (A QSI690) but the field of view is so much smaller that I had to make a 2 pane mosaic to get the entire nebula in the frame.
This is a mosaic of only a single 30 minute exposure in each pane and absolutely no calibration frames and an 'auto' button click in APP software.
This is part of the Heart nebula, but I've always wanted to image it on it's own. Let's hope the gremlins have gone and the bad luck too and I can scratch this itch once and for all.
An old work colleague told me how much he liked the Iris nebula as it's his Granddaughters name. So I decided to image the Iris nebula again (after 2-3 years) and see how it turns out for him! So far this is 20:45 hours of luminance data. The colour will take some time as the moon is starting to show now and I won't image this with any moon about at all to maximise the data quality.
Finally I'm making head roads into this image..... This is 4 completed panes of Ha of a 6 pane mosaic. It's taken 32 hours worth of data so far.... So I've decided that instead of gathering OIII and SII data in the same way, I'll capture that data in the shorter focal length Taks and combine it... will make life much easier!!!
This is a highlighted view of the Propeller in the Globular cluster M13. This is only Luminance at the moment, I am gathering colour data at the moment.
This looks promising... This is a 6 pane mosaic of the Butterfly nebula. It is only 1x600s in each pane as I wanted to check that it all fitted together before carrying on.
The mosaic was stitched together using the new Astro Pixel Processor software and despite some teething problems with settings it eventually went together well. No visible joins, it looks like this software is going to be very good indeed.
As I am imaging the Pelican nebula with the TMB and it gives a rather nice frame filler of the Herbig Haro objects, I thought I'd find a site so that i could label them. Thanks to NOAO.edu I was able to label them all in this area.......
This is a tricky target at the best of times! M78 is a reflection nebula and responds to colour well. This is a combination of Ha and Luminance to get a feel of how the data may turn out.
This is data with the dual setup.... Luminance in one camera and Ha in both. Now the weather is on the turn (not in a good way) and with the moon about, I don't even know whether I will be able to finish this this year.
Sara Wager is an astrophotographer with published articles and images to her name
All images on this website are not to be reproduced or used without permission.